Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The most important meal of the day!

Although I will interject with personal and pageant life let's start by diving into what I want this blog to really be about, you and helping you reach your weight loss goals! What better way to start a blog then how you start your day, breakfast!

I've heard it, you've heard it, we've all heard it.... Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and usually if I asked my mom or teacher or anyone else for that matter why it's so important I got a "because I said so" answer in return. So I am here to tell you why we all need to breakfast to LOSE weight. Hello I am telling you to eat not starve, lets all take a minute to say yay!!!

The Why: First of all why not? In dieting you are always told don't do this or don't do that, to finally get a green light to go to the fridge makes me ready for tomorrow morning already. Skipping breakfast can throw your diet into a state of chaos. Instead of me getting to technical let me break it down for you as best I know how, your brain needs glucose to think and concentrate. Have you ever noticed that when you skip breakfast that morning seems like an unfocused blur. I sure have! The other great health benefit to a high protein breakfast is it will boost your metabolism for the rest of the day. Helllllllooooo anything that will boost my metabolism is a winner to me! ALSO when you eat breakfast it lowers your risk of over eating the rest of the day and stabilizes your insulin levels so the chance of diabetes is cut in half. 

Now that we are all on board to dive into some tasty breakfast treats lets talk about what you want to eat. Protein, protein, protein!!!!! Every living cell in your body needs protein to rebuild and when we eat protein it release a small dosage of insulin which is just enough to add in fat burning through out the day PLUS you will feel fuller through out the day. Winning! 

So I plan on posting a whole section of recipes once I figure this whole blog thingy out but for now some great options are egg beaters, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, protein smoothie, Greek yogurt, and if your on the go grab a Quest Bar. I usually will eat 1 whole egg 1/2 cup of egg beaters and 1/2 cup of ROLLED oats with a table spoon of all natural almond or peanut butter to get some good fats in. I am always stuffed after breakfast which causes me to eat less through out the day. Lesson has been learned. 

Ok I think thats probably more info than you ever desired on the importance of breakfast but now you know! Had great day today and I hope you did too!

Love always, 
Keli K. 

"Do something today that your future self can thank you for."

1 comment: