Monday, October 14, 2013

3 ways to be FIT and Fashionable at the gym


While most people may laugh at the thought of focusing on fashion in the gym, I embrace it! Now yes I am very girly but it goes deeper than the glitter in my veins. A few years ago when I was at the gym I noticed if I liked what I was wearing and felt good about myself then I would workout longer and give more effort. The same is true to this day, when I like what I'm wearing I tend to push myself more and stick it out rather than try and get it over with quickly to avoid anyone seeing my oversized church camp tshirt with stains from 1998. Here are 3 ways you can be on trend and help get the most out of your workout:
1. Leggings with sizzle: leggings are still hot in fashion and great in the gym. Finding a patterned,textured, or bright colored legging will give your gym look an extra punch. I also love leggings because they are snug but still comfortable. If I am wearing baggy pants I can sometimes use that as an excuse to not work as hard because they keep sliding down. With the right leggings you not only look fabulous but have one less excuse to work hard! 
Budget Tip: look in the juniors section at places like TJ Maxx and Marshall's for your unique leggings. I have found everything from cheetah to sequins leggings that were under 10 bucks and I always get compliments on them! 

2. Headbands: I hate having my hair fall in front of my face while trying to workout! Throw on a cute head band to keep those loose hairs back and give your hairstyle a little personality. 
Budget tip: go to places like Sam Moon where you can get a whole bag of multicolor headbands  for around 9 bucks. 

3. Get the right kicks: the right pair of athletic shoes is vital for your workout. It's important for not only style but safety as well. You can add a statement with a colorful pair of tennis shoes and keep those feet in perfect condition! 
Budget Tip: Can't afford new running shoes? No worries! Head to your local wal mart and even some Dollar Tree stores to find neon and multicolor shoelaces to revamp your tennis shoe look! 

Hope this keeps you fashion forward and fabulous!! 
Love, 
Keli K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment